There are many aspects which makes the basic economy fare a downer, whereas not being able to select a seat is worst of all. As it results in leaving you stuck in the middle of seats sandwiched between two strangers, and rows away from your actual travel partner.
Whereas, if you are flying with the Delta airlines there are few a ways where you can pick a seat of your choice.
There are two ways wherein one, you will have to pay and the other way is with some luck and vigilance you can snag a seat for free!!
Let us look at both the aspects:
Number one: Pay the cost :
The Delta airline is one of the major air carriers, that spins on basic economy fares than any other airline present in the whole aviation industry. Delta has always allowed a carry-on, whereas there is still another airline that does not.
According to via Delta Airline seat Change Policy the fees for choosing a seat of your choice is as low as $10 to $30 per flight.
So if you consider to sit beside your travel companion, its worth considering to pay the petty amount and change pre-assigned seat delta airlines
Number Two: Grab the seat for free withing the few days of departure
According to the policies of delta airlines, it was never allowed for a basic economy to choose a seat of their preferences but instead the customers were allotted a seat at the time of their check in or at the gate while boarding the flight.
But not now!
Delta airlines allow its valuable customers to pick a seat of their choice within the final few days before the time of departure that too without charging any fee for the same!
Its better to be active and avoid the dreaded middle seat, keep a check on the seat booking window via the Delta airlines app.
To conclude all we can say is, you can surely get a better deal by shredding off some dollars and with some luck and vigilance you will sort the basic economy game for free.
Tips to Get Best Airline Seats Without Paying Extra Wee!:
- Avoid choosing the middle seat: To avoid getting sandwiched between two strangers, it is better to avoid the middle seat, whereas opting for window or aisle seat is the best to lay hands upon.
- Choose to sit over the wing: Exit rows, aisle or window seats are close to the front and offers less turbulence. Hence, it is best choice to sit over the wing.
- Buy your tickets at the earliest: Opting to reserve your tickets early offers you a room to choose amongst a wide range of seats.
- Reach the airport early: If you arrive too late or delay your check-in there is a possibility of you losing a chance to get a seat you wish. Look for the guidelines and know how early should you reach at the airport for domestic and international flights.
- Make the use of your travel agent: Travel agents could get you an access to a better seat, than you would have got for yourself. All you will have to pay is a petty amount of $20 to $30 dollars.
- Join the frequent flyer program: Most of the airlines, choose to set aside the best seats for the premium or elite members, if you sign up for a frequent flyer program, you can have an easy and free access to better seats and coaches.
- Be specific: If you know what interests you more be specific and direct to get it. A better way could be, instead of saying “a good seat” try saying “an exit row seat” or “an aisle seat” that would be more precise and more acceptable or at least, if not then a substitute can surely be expected.
However, this is not all we have, you can engage with us an have a more elaborated account of information. We have a team of professionals who are there to help you at every step. You can get in touch with us via (+1800-201-4791) at any given time of the day!
– Can I choose my seats on Delta?
– Why are seats assigned at Delta?
– How much does it cost to upgrade to Delta comfort?
– How to accommodate a seat change?
– How can I change my seat with the Delta Air Lines